110 - South Seas Feast
- 3 cups rice, cooked with 3 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups assorted vegetables: snowpeas, carrot and broccoli
flowerettes, bamboo shoots
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- pinches of salt and pepper
- frozen banana leaves
- Prepare rice.
- In a wok over medium to low heat, combine cooked rice with
prepared, assorted vegetables.
- Add oyster sauce and soya sauce and season with salt and pepper
and stir gently.
- Rip thawed banana leaves into 8 pieces large enough to hold
single serving of risotto.
- Spoon a portion of risotto onto each leaf and wrap or roll
each one as you would a small package.
- Tie each packet with a piece of string and arrange in a bamboo
steamer or serving dish.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in a low oven or re-heat in
the microwave just before serving.
- Serve with Stuffed Chicken Thighs