105 - Sunday Stuff
Nik feels blessed with seven nieces and nephews and, in preparation
for their weekend visit and an excursion to the museum, he is packing
a boxed lunch with healthy but fun twists to some kid's classic
The Best Peanut Butter
and Jelly Sandwich
- challah bread (suggested alternates: whole wheat, seven grain
or raisin bread)
- smooth peanut butter
- crunch peanut butter
- raspberry jam
- unsalted sunflower seeds
- alfalfa sprouts
- animal shaped cookie cutters
- Spread half the sandwiches with crunchy peanut butter and
the rest with smooth.
- Spread half of the remaining plain slices with jam and half
- Evenly sprinkle raisins and sunflower seeds on peanut butter
side and top with banana slices.
- Add alfalfa sprouts if desired.
- Pair a peanut buttered slice of bread with a honey or jam
- Gently press sandwich and place cookie cutter in centre and
slowly press down to cut shape.
- Carefully trim excess bread with paring knife before removing
- Keep fresh by wrapping each shape in wax paper and seal with
a gold seal sticker.
one large carrot. Use a standard potato peeler with a pointed end
to carve several light ridges down the length of the carrot. Slice
the carrot as you would for carrot coins and a delightful flower
shape will fall away from the knife with each cut. Wrap in plastic